I didn’t really see much of it, but the whole tumblr vs 4chan thing just makes me facepalm so hard. Fucking hell, you don’t just ‘raid 4chan’. You are basically trying to upset them by throwing a bit of garbage in an ocean of piss.
Seriously, whoever thought ‘raiding 4chan’ was a good idea should probably get off the internet before they hurt themselves…
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.
Or you win for a moment, and then you die anyway.
Or it feels like you’re winning, but you’re actually going insane. Then you die.
You die anyway.
Quick reminder to the people who’ve sent me drawing requests: I have not forgotten you and I WILL do the things!
I’ve been busy lately with designing my own homepage and creating 3d-models for a friend’s Game Design Master’s project.
Okay, I have to share something:
kleinkonan and I sat down tonight with some Whisky to watch a couple of terrible teen fantasy romance movies - or so we thought.
The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones
Too much exposition, weird pacing and some incredibly cheesy scenes. But goddamnit, we laughed our asses off. One plot twist is the bad guy proving that the good guy’s name isn’t what he thought it was by turning his finger ring so it shows an ‘M’ instead of a ‘W’.
Oh, and at some point the (female) protagonist accuses the guy who doesn’t like her of being in love with her (male) love interest. That was pretty awesome.
Red Riding Hood
Directed by Twilight’s Catherine Hardwicke.
That one was pretty boring, rather predictable and just overall not good, not even for shits n giggles.
At last, we decided to watch a third movie, called Beautiful Creatures, because based on the trailers and posters, it looked horribly generic and somewhat like a genderbent Twilight.
Holy shit how wrong we were.
Beautiful Creatures is about the first romance movie in years that made me genuinely care about it’s characters.
The protagonist and his supernatural love interest are at no point exchanging menacing stares or creepily stalking each other.
Instead, we see two incredibly likeable people hit it off and then proceed to more urgent matters, such as an actual plotline. There’s no stupid misunderstandings, they just have some difficult, supernatural shit to work out, but guess what: they handle fights like actual people!
I will refrain from spoilers, but let me just say that Beautiful Creatures had me on the edge of my seat until the very last minute, and in tears when the credits rolled.
Maybe the bar was lowered that far by Red Riding Hood, maybe that half bottle of Glenfiddich had some say in it, but holy shit, I totally DIG that movie right now.
It’s a pity that the marketing was apparently intended for the Twilight audience.
Another tag by danicoro, so let’s do this a second time :D
YOU CAN TELL A LOT ABOUT SOMEONE BY THE TYPE OF MUSIC THEY LISTEN TO. HIT SHUFFLE ON YOUR IPOD, PHONE, ITUNES, MEDIA PLAYER, ETC. AND WRITE DOWN THE FIRST 20 SONGS. THEN PASS THIS ON TO 10 PEOPLE. ONE RULE: NO SKIPPING
- Low on Air - 77 Bombay Street
- Changed the Way you kiss me - Example
- Savior - Rise Against
- Rag Time Punk - Abney Park
- No Milk Today - Herman’s Hermits
- Gethesemane - Rise Against
- XL-TT - (Can’t spell the japanese name of the artist, but its from the Attack on Titan OST)
- Making Christmas - Rise Against
- String Theory - Les Friction
- Tick Tock - Molotov Jukebox
So, there happened to be a lot of Rise against in there, but also a couple less known bands that I’d definitely recommend:
Abney Park is a Steampunk band and if you like “brass and copper, metal scraps and rusty gear”, you should definitely give their album Airship Pirates a listen.
Les Friction make what I can only describe as Epic Music. My favorite songs of theirs are World on Fire and Sunday, which are very different from each other.
Molotov Jukebox Remember Natalia Tena, who plays Tonks in Harry Potter and Osha in Game of Thrones? Yeah, she sings and plays accordeon in a band. Recommended songs: Laid to rest, Give it a go, Neon Lights.
Tagged by danicoro, so let’s do this :)
Rule one: post the rules
Rule two: answer the questions given by the tagger, then make eleven new ones
Rule three: tag
one new personas many people as you like
Rule four: tell people you tagged them
1. Do you prefer books, or ebooks? Why?
Plain old books. I love how they smell, how they feel. I love how you ocasionally notice how the paper is uneven in the places where your tears fell the last time you read the book. I love how my bookcase is basically a trophy collection of how many hours I’ve spent reading.
2. Do you have any pets? If yes, tell us about them! If no, what sort of pet would you like to have, if you could?
I used to have three gerbils by the names of Maggie, Marge and Lisa. They have a livespan of about three years and have been dead a while now.
I want a unicorn.
3. You have an unlimited sum of money to spend, but only 36 hours to spend it (after that, it’s all taken away). Top five things to spend the money on/towards?
I’d like to think that I’d spend lots of it throwing a huge party for everyone I know and giving to people in need, but I also know that I’d still buy myself the best gaming-pc there is, along with one of those live-size statues of Connor Kenway. And a huge house. With a bronze quadriga statue in the front yard.
4. If you could meet any person who ever lived (e.g. Caterina Sforza, Julius Caesar, etc.), who would you choose? Would you ask them a specific question/questions?
I think I’d want to meet Leonardo Da Vinci. From what I’ve read about him, he was a pretty cool guy.
5. What is the best ice cream flavour? Why?
Vanilla and Stracciatella. Why not?
6. What is your preferred gaming platform? If not applicable, what is the closest thing to your left hand?
I’m in favour of playing everything on the platform it’s intended for. I love PC for low-priced indie games and everything you need a mouse for, and I love the PS3/PS4 for the blockbusters.
7. Best way to eat French fries?
With chicken, tzatziki and bbq sauce.
8. Literally nothing stands in the way of you achieving your dream job; what is it?
Be the creative director of a AAA video game. The publishers trust me and let me decide everything and the employees take pleasure in implementing all my brilliant ideas.
9. Who is the person you respect the most?
That’s a really tough question. There’s a lot of people I respect for certain aspects, but there’s nobody who’s an idol for me.
10. Do we know each other in real life? If yes, how did we meet? If no, do you remember why you followed me? (if not, just make something up!)
Unfortunately, we have not :)
11. The most important question of all: which way do you put your toilet paper; under, or over?
Over, of course. That’s not up for discussion.
1. What’s the most-played song in your library?
2. Which video game character would you want as your bro?
3. What’s the best thing about the country you live in? (And what country is it?)
4. What’s the most annoying thing about tumblr?
5. What could a stranger randomly say to you on the street to make your day?
6. What’s your favorite useless (but true) fact?
7. What’s your ultimate guilty pleasure song, movie, tv series or book?
8. What’s the most important life lesson a piece of media (game, tv, movie…) taught you?
9. What is an obsession that many people seem to have that you can absolutely not relate to?
10. What’s your favorite word in your native language and if said language isn’t english, what does it mean?
11. What’s something you’d like people to know about you?
If you guys feel like doing it :)
(And if anyone else feels like doing it, go ahead ;) )